All Victor residents and area residents of Iowa and Poweshiek Counties are eligible to apply for a library card. Just stop in to the library during normal business hours and fill out a short form, or you can apply online at https://victor.biblionix.com/?signup=1. You will need your name, home address, mailing address (if different from home address), and telephone number.
1. Books may be checked out for two weeks, with a one week grace period. All materials can be renewed by phone, online, or in person. Magazines, video games, and DVDs can be checked out for one week.
2. Patrons can request books to be held on reserve. If not picked up within two working days after being notified, it will pass to the next on the list.
3. The size of our collection and demand for specific materials, for special class projects, seasonal items, etc., may require a limitation on the number of items checked out by any one person. The loaning of these materials will be left to the discretion of the Director.
4. The library is a participant in the Open Access and Interlibrary Loan Reimbursement programs sponsored by the State Library of Iowa and the Interlibrary Loan program.
5. Persons holding a current card in good standing may check out library materials and use the computers.
6. Children are eligible for their own card when they are in the fourth grade. A parent or guardian must sign the registration card and accept the responsibility for materials checked out by the child. Children that are accompanied regularly by someone other than a parent or guardian may obtain a library card with the signature of that adult.
7. No replacement cards will be issued for lost cards.
8. Borrowers are responsible for any item checked out on their card. If a card is lost or stolen, the borrower must notify the library. Upon notification, a replacement card and number will be issued.
Overdue, Lost, or Damaged Library Materials
9. The Victor Public Library will pursue all legal avenues to retrieve library materials and property that are overdue, lost, stolen, or damaged. See Code of Iowa, Section 714.5 and 808.12.
10. Patrons having overdue items may not check out materials or use the computers until the overdue items have all been returned and payment has been received for lost items. Lost items are considered to be those that the patron concedes cannot be located or have been checked out for more than two months.
11. When library materials have been lost the patron will pay the replacement cost. The Director will determine the amount of damage to be assessed in the case of damaged materials.
12. Payments are considered final. No refunds will be given if the item is later found.